Faculty of Civil Engineering
FIELD OF INTEREST/ TEACHING INTEREST:
Sustainable housing and urban development, open spaces with disaster management strategies, pedestrian and bicycle-oriented spaces.
- Masters of Arts in Urban Management and Development (Specialization in Housing) from Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) at the Netherlands and Housing Development and Management (HDM) of Lund University at Sweden in 2006.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. ARCH) from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) in 2003.
Experience in International Teaching, Training & Research
- Department of City and Regional Planning, Faculty of Architecture, Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey as Academic Staff from 31 August 2009 to 31 October 2009.
Experience in Teaching
- Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) from November 2017 to date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST) from October 2007 to October 2017).
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST) from April 2003 to September 2007).
OTHER ACADEMIC INVOLVEMENTS:
- Coordinator, TO&E for the Department of Architecture, in MIST.
- Member, Advisory Committee for the Department of Architecture, in MIST.
- Member, Seminar Organization Committee for the seminar titled “Building Material: Innovation and Influence on Architecture”, 2018 in MIST.
- Coordinator, Publication & Graphics Committee & Design Charrette Committee of Architecture Festival 2018.
- Arch. thesis supervision at AUST,
- Member, Board of Post Graduate Studies (BPGS), AUST.
- Member, Seminar Organization Committee for the “International Seminar on Rethinking architectural education and practice in the 21st Century: Responding to Environmental, Humanitarian, Resilience and Social issues”, 2015, AUST.
- Coordinator, the Exhibition Committee and Graphics Committee for the “Architecture Day AUST, 2015” and “International Seminar on Rethinking architectural education and practice in the 21st Century: Responding to Environmental, Humanitarian, Resilience and Social issues”, 2015, AUST.
- Member, Archive Committee of Department of Architecture, in AUST.
- Member, Central Website Development Committee of AUST.
- Member, Publication Committee for 2nd, 3rd and 7th Convocation of AUST, held in 2004, 2008 and 2014.
- Member, Presentation Committee with the responsibility of preparing a multimedia presentation that represent the School of Architecture in Bangladesh focusing the Department of Architecture, AUST for the international seminar held in Pakistan, April 2004.
- Member, Presentation Committee with the responsibility of preparing a multimedia presentation that represent the Department of Architecture, AUST in ARCASIA FORUM-12 held on 7-12 December 2003 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Member, Heritage Cell, Department of Architecture, AUST, 2007. Responsibility includes maintaining liaison with the Heritage Cell, IAB and Department of Archaeology, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, for preparing an action plan for documentation and conservation of Panam Nagar, Sonargaon.
Experience in Profession:
- Consultant Architect & Urban Manager, Data Experts (Pvt.) Ltd., Dhaka, from October 2006 to date)
- Senior Consultant Architect, INGRID Architects, Dhaka, from June 2003 to date.)
- Associate Architect, Taniya Karim & N.R. Khan Associates, Dhaka, from April 2003 to May 2003.
- Associate Architect, Tarique Hasan & Associates Ltd., Dhaka, from January 2003 to March 2003.
- SAHA, D. & BISWAS, S. (2018) Dhaka in the Perspective of Urban Development Paradigm. MIST Journal of Science and Technology, Military Institute of Science and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Vol 6, Issue 1. [accepted, in press].
- SAHA, D. (2017) A Review of Housing Cooperative: Evolution and Operating Framework. Bangladesh Planning Research Conference (BPRC, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Jahangirnagar University, Savar, 5-6 February 2016. [accepted, in press].
- KHAN, S. I., ISLAM, S. M. & SAHA, D. (2015) Spatial Planning: A prerequisite for Sustainable Development of Bangladesh in Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol 17, Issue 1, Page 8-24.