Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Housing and settlement issues, gender & city, Philanthropic architecture, and urban design
- Housing and settlement, Urban design, research methodology
- Master of Human Settlements fromK U Leuven, Belgium in September 2015.
- Bachelor of Architecture from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh in 2010.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), February 2019 – to date
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Architecture, State University of Bangladesh, September 2018 to December 2018
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Architecture, BRAC University, September 2016 to August 2018
- Assistant Professor, Department of Architecture, State University of Bangladesh, December 2015 to August 2016
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Architecture, State University of Bangladesh, March 2014 to November 2015
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, State University of Bangladesh, September 2010 to February 2014
- Assistant Architect, SaifUlHaqueSthapati, May 2010 – December 2013 (Part time)
- Intern Architect, ARC Architectural Consultants ( Principal Architect :Nahas Ahmed Khalil)
Involvement besides teaching and research activity
- Assistant coordinator, Urban lab, Department of Architecture, MIST
- Chair, Library Committee, Department of Architecture, BRAC University
- Member, Course Planning Committee, Department of Architecture, BRAC University
- Member, First Year Advising Team and student mentoring committee, Department of Architecture, BRAC University
- Member, Question & Moderation Committee, Department of Architecture, BRAC University
- Adviser, First Year Advising Team (FYAT), BRAC University
- Member, Cultural Committee, State University of Bangladesh
- Member, Result Committee, State University of Bangladesh
- Member, Exam Committee, State University of Bangladesh
- Branch office for BRAC at Chakhar, Barisal, Ci + AU (Center For Inclusive Architecture And Urbanism), BRAC University (2017-2018)
- Branch office for BRAC at Manikganj, Ci + AU, BRAC University (2017-2018)
- Re-construction of Karail and Saattola slums, Dhaka, J. A. Architects Limited (2016-2017)
- Redevelopment of Ispahani Colony, Moghbazar, Dhaka, Bangladesh, SaifUlHaqueSthapati (2010-2011)
- Design Development centre, KEPZ, Chittagong, SaifUlHaqueSthapati (2010- 2013)
- Extension of Aziz Khan residence, Cantonment, Dhaka, ARC Architectural Consultants (2009)
- HRC Tower, Banani, Dhaka, ARC Architectural Consultants (2009)
- I. Ahmed, A. L. Khalil, T. Khan, S. Subrina, A. E. Sharif (2018). ‘Early works’ in I. Ahmed, S.R. Sultana (ed.) BashirulHaq Architect. Ghaziabad, UP: Copal Publishing Group.
- I. Ahmed, T. Khan, S. Subrina, (2018). ‘Later works’ in I. Ahmed, S.R. Sultana (ed.) BashirulHaq Architect. Ghaziabad, UP: Copal Publishing Group.
- A. Ahmed, S. Subrina, S.R. Sultana, (In process) ‘Small changes with big impacts: Mitigating hazard risk through small interventions in informal settlements of Dhaka City, Bangladesh’ in External Interventions for Disaster Risk reduction: Impacts on Local Communities.
Journal and conference
- S. Subrina, F.K. Chowdhury (February, 2018), “Urban Dynamics: An undervalued issue for water logging disaster risk management in case of Dhaka city, Bangladesh,” Procedia Engineering, Journal published by Elsevier (Scopus indexed), pp 801-808.
- Ahmed, J. Ahmed, S.R. Sultana, S. Subrina, S. Sameen (January,2017), “Re-construction of Karail and Saattola slums” (project), Bengal Stream – The Vibrant Architecture Scene Of Bangladesh, Christoph Merian, pp. 221-227.
- S.R. Sultana, S. Subrina, “How small changes are having a big impact in slums,” Op-Ed, The Daily Star, October 30, 2017 ( Link: http://www.thedailystar.net/opinion/society/how-small-changes-are-having-big-impact-slums-1483417)
- Ahmed, J. Ahmed, S.R. Sultana, S. Subrina, S. Sameen, “Should architects work for mastaans for house reconstruction activities?,” UIA 2017 Seoul World Architects Congress, 03-10 Sep 2017,Seoul, South Korea.
- S. Subrina (2015), “Sculpting the desolated landscape: Exploring the unseen opportunity of mining trajectory: A study on Banjarmasin,” MaHS design studio booklet ,River and road as warp & woof, Interweaving Ecologies and economics in the deltaic Territory, Banjarmasin, Indoneisa,vol.1,UN Habitat, K U Leuven, P5 UNDIP, UniversitasDiponegoro, Belgium.
- S. Subrina et al. (2015), “ Tissue,”MaHS design studio booklet ,River and road as warp & woof, Interweaving Ecologies and economics in the deltaic territory, Banjarmasin, Indoneisa,vol.1,UN Habitat, K U Leuven, P5 UNDIP, UniversitasDiponegoro, Belgium.
- S. Subrina, T. T. Lata (July 2012), “ A framework for earthquake resistant building to mitigate earthquake hazards,” Journal of State University of Bangladesh (SUB), vol. 3, issue 2, pp. 44-58.
- T. Zarin, S. Subrina (June 2012), “Ruplal House: Saving our riverfront heritage,” Pratnatattava, Journal of the Department of Archaeology, Jahangirnagar University, vol. 18, pp. 97-102.
Conferences/ Workshops/ Seminars
- National Consultation on Gender Mainstreaming in Urban Sector by ADB Bangladesh Resident Mission and BIGD, BRAC Inn, Dhaka, 13-14 August, 2018
- International Seminar on Architecture with Bamboo by Institute of Architects Bangladesh (IAB), IAB Centre, Bangladesh, 30 June, 2018
- International Congress on Ultradense Urbanism : Unpacking Dhaka, BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 4-8 June, 2017
- Certificate in Higher Education Teaching (CHET) Program by Professional Development Centre (PDC), BRAC University, Bangladesh, September 2016 – April 2017
- Training Workshop and Discussion Forum on Advanced Skill Creation to Enhance Transformation (ASCENT) by a consortium of 13 European and Asian higher education institutions, Matara, Sri Lanka 27 February – 4 March, 2017
- Participatory design workshop on The first Atelier of co-design, Forest by Universitelibre de Bruxelles, VrijeUniversiteit Brussel, Latitude, Cosmopolis, Belgium, 6-9 September, 2015
- Masterclass studio on Urban Planning and Design of Banjarmasin City by UN Habitat, Ministry of Public Work & Housing and City of Banjarmasin, Indonesia, K U Leuven, Indonesia, 16-28 February 2015
- Workshop on Making Urban Investment Planning Work-Building on the Indonesian CDS by UN Habitat, Ministry of Public Work & Housing and City of Banjarmasin, Indonesia, Cities Alliance, K U Leuven, Indonesia, 27-28 February 2015
- A hands on workshop on Emergency Earth/Sand Bag Shelter: from Temporary to Permanent Housing and Infrastructure Using Earth and Natural Elements by IllionaKhalili, HBRI,IEB,IAB, Bangaldesh, 4-8 March, 2014
- 20th General Assembly and Conference of Commonwealth Association of Architects, Bangladesh, 19 -24 February, 2013
- International Seminar on Green Habitat Challenges for Green Architecture in Local and Global Context organized by BUET AA, IEB, Dept. of architecture, Ministry of Housing & Public Works, People’s republic of Bangladesh, IAB, Bangladesh, 12 October 2012
- International Seminar on Architecture: Education, Practice and Research organized by Department of Architecture, BUET in collaboration with IAB, ARCAAB, 2-4 February, Bangladesh, 2012
- Bangladesh Convention on Rainwater Harvesting, organized by CSE, BUET, IWM, Rain forum, Water Aid, Bangladesh, 15-17 June, 2012
- SAARC International Training Course on Earthquake Risk Mitigation by SAARC Disaster Management Centre, New Delhi and IIT Roorkee, 6-17 June, 2011
- A hands on workshop on Modern Earthen Structure & Architecture conducted by Anna Heringer, Martin Rauch & IAB, Bangladesh, 17-26 February, 2009
Exhibition, Talks and Voluntary works
- Organizing member, Symposium “Gender and public space”, BRAC University, 23 July, 2018
- “Re-construction of Korail and Saattola Slums, Dhaka, Bangladesh” project selected for the exhibition: Bengal Stream. The Vibrant Architecture Scene of Bangladesh, SAM (Swiss Architecture Museum),02 December 2017 – 24 June 2018
- Invited reviewer, Conference PLEA 2018 and PLEA 2015 ( Passive Low Energy Architecture)
- Rapporteur, Session: Place making and sense of identity, Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC)- an initiative of UN-Habitat’s World Urban Campaign organized by International Union of Architects (UIA),Dhaka, November, 2017
- Team leader, ‘House design camp for reconstruction of Sat Tola Slum, Dhaka ,’11 December, 2016
- Core team member, Re-building the Korail Slum and Sat Tola Slum for the Fire Hazard Victims in association with J.A. Architects, BRAC’s Urban Development Program (UDP) and CBO Korail, December-January, 2016-2017
- Presentation (in team) on “Rebuilding Korail and Sat Tola Slums, Our Experiences,” IAB (Institute of Architects Bangladesh), 17 April, 2017
- Thesis presented in the World Urbanisms Seminar forum , Belgium, 24-27 July, 2015
- Invited speaker, MongolbarerShabha ( A forum for architecture, based on Dhaka city)
- Voluntary work for Urban Study Group (USG) under Ar. Taimur Islam and Ar. Homaira Zaman
- Marielle Franco Community-Design Award, shortlisted project, “Re-construction of Karail and Saattola slums, Dhaka, Bangladesh,” Portugal, November, 2018
- Funded by European Commission’s Erasmus+scheme for Advanced Skill Creation to Enhance Transformation (ASCENT) training program, 2017
- Government sponsorship for SAARC training program, 2010
- University Merit Scholarship for undergraduate study
- Fair & Lovely Foundation scholarship for undergraduate study, 2004
- Board Scholarship for result of HSC
- Associate member, AS-168, IAB (Institute of Architects of Bangladesh)
- Scientific committee member, conference, PLEA 2018 (Passive Low Energy Architecture)
- Member, Women Architects, Engineers, Planners Association (WAEPA)
- Member, MongolbarerShabha
- Member, ArcAAB
- Member, Itihas Academy