Faculty of Civil Engineering
Teaching / Research Interest:
Architectural Design, Visual Art, Housing and Urban Design
- Bachelor of Architecture from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET); Graduation- September 2015
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, MIST (Since February, 2017).
- Researcher at Habitat Forum Berlin (Since January, 2017)
- Research Intern at Habitat Forum Berlin with fully funded ASA Scholarship, Germany (April 2016- December2016).
- ASA Project Intern, Berlin, Germany (April 2016- July 2016).
- Research Associate at Housing and Building Research Institute (HBRI); Project – ‘Standard Guideline and Design for Rural Housing in Disaster Prone Areas in Bangladesh’ (January 2016- April 2016).
- Associate Architect at Saif Ul Haque Sthapati (SHS); October 2015- December 2015.
- Intern Architect at SHS (June 2014-January 2015).
- Instructor and Counsellor at Jatiyo Mohila Sangstha under Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, Bangladesh; Project- Vocational Training Courses for Skill Development and Women Empowerment; November 2012- December 2015
Administrative Services at the University level:
- Member, Website Development Committee, Architecture Department, MIST.
- Member, Mission and Vision Committee, Architecture Department, MIST.
- Organizing committee member and Co-ordinator, Architectural Model Making Workshop- ‘MAKING SMALL SPACES’ on 14-16 February 218 at Department of Architecture, MIST.
Ongoing research on informal settlements, housing markets and quality of life in Dhaka, Bangladesh with Habitat Forum Berlin (HFB).
- “Ordinary Stories”- Organizer and Participant of the exhibition of research work of ASA Team 2016 at Karail, the largest informal human settlement in Dhaka city on 15-16 December 2016.
- “The Magnetic Field”-Participant of the exhibition representing Urban experience through drawings in a neighborhood named Kottbusser Tor at Kotti-Shop, Berlin, Germany on May 2016.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Full Fund ASA Scholarship from Germany to work on the project- ‘Production of Habitat in Berlin and in Dhaka’ (Duration: April 2016- December 2016).
- Silver Prize Winner of ‘Shelter for Soul’– International Design Competition 2019 in Seoul, South Korea organized by the Korean Institute of Architects (KIA) and BaMI (Builders as mission international).
- Participated at “Challenges of teaching Architectural History”, organized by Institute of Architects on 21 July 2018, at IAB center, Dhaka.
- Organizer and Key Instructor of a Two-day workshop on creative design approach with a group of hearing and speaking impaired (differently able) students associated with BRIDGE Foundation at Lighthouse Learning Center, Dhaka on 28 August 2016.
- Participant of the architectural design competition “GROWING UP” organized by ‘Paraa’ and ‘Street Children LEEDO’ in January 2016.
- Participant of the ‘Bangladesh Bamboo Workshop 2015’ at Sylhet organized by ‘Building Trust International’ and UK based architectural firm ‘Studio Jayga’ on 23-25 November 2015.
- Participated as a volunteer and exhibited final year thesis project – “Village Transformation” at UTC , DHAKA 2015/ MEGACITIES : BRIDGING REALITY AND ASPIRATION on 6-8 November 2015 at BUET.
- Participated as a volunteer at the International seminar on ‘Architecture: Education, Practice and Research’, organized in celebration of 50 years of architecture in BUET (February 2012).
- Participated in survey, documentation and architectural drawing of the heritage structures in Mymensingh city (Phd Works. Dept. of History, Jagannath University, 2012)
- Participant and member in organizing “BISHUB”, an exhibition of design studio projects of batch 2008, Department of Architecture, BUET (2012).
- Associate Member (AS-385), Institute of Architects, Bangladesh.
For the purpose of study & research, visited different places in the following countries: South Korea (Seoul); Germany (Berlin, Hamburg); France (Paris); India (Delhi, Agra, Calcutta, Jaipur, Mumbai, Aurangabad, Jaisalmer, Udaipur, Shimla, Manali, Bangalore, Pondicherry, Kerala, Goa).