Faculty of Civil Engineering
Teaching / Research Interest:
Architectural Design, Generative Algorithms for Parametric Architecture, Urban Design and Urban Environment.
- M. Arch at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (ongoing).
- Bachelor of Architecture from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, MIST. Since February, 2018.
- Associate Architect at Mason Consultants. (October 2016 – January 2017)
- Teaching Assistant at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. (October 2016 – January 2017)
- Selected Participant in Bengal Institute’s September Session of Fall Sequence 2018, “Learning from the Aga Khan Award for Architecture”.
- Featuring of thesis project by UNI Unfuse. https://uni.xyz/project/the-green-mile-desc-adaptive-revitalizat/ (2018)
- Curator of Thesis Project Exhibition of Department of Architecture, BUET at “Smart City Innovation Hub” held at Bhashani Novotheatre, Dhaka with own thesis project included in the exhibition. (2017)
- Chief Student Editor of “Epilogue 09”, published by Department of Architecture, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) on 30 November 2017.
- Volunteer at ICGrA2017 – an international conference organised by ‘Green Architecture Cell’ of Department of Architecture, BUET. (2017)
- Author of an article published in Dhaka Tribune. (2018)
Publication (Conference Proceedings):
- “Analyzing a Morphology of Domestic Legacies: An investigation into the inherited pattern of domestic space arrangement in the shop houses of Shakharibazar, Old Dhaka” – published at 10th International Built Environment Research Conference organized by Faculty of Architecture Research Unit (FARU), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. (2017)
- “Housing the Urban Poor: Identification of Positive Forces and Opportunities for Low Income Housing Settlements in Dhaka from the Study of Dwellers’ Responses” – publishesd at 2nd International Conference on Green Architecture (ICGrA2018) held in Dhaka.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Team Member of Second Prize winning team in the professional competition titled “Historic Preservation and Landscape Design of Old Dhaka Central Jail” – an open architectural competition organized by IAB and Prisons Directorate. (2017)
- Winner of Berger Best Design Award in “Berger Awards for Students of Architecture, BUET”. (2017)
- Winner of Commendation Award in Design Charrette, a student design competition organized by Department of Architecture, BUET. (2016)
- Winner of Berger Best Portfolio Commendation Award in “Berger Awards for Students of Architecture, BUET”. (2015)
- Winner of Commendation Award in “Dhaka Bishwa Biddalaya Shadhinata Sriti Stambha” – a student design competition organised by Department of Architecture, BUET. (2014)
- Associate Member (AA-484) of IAB (Institute of Architects, Bangladesh).
- In Art and Architecture: Portfolio making, Drafting and Modelmaking; Photography, Photo Manipulation; Travelling and sightseeing for Old (Heritage) Buildings, Architecture, Landscapes and Biodiversity.
- In Music: Vocalist and Band Member at “PLAY” (2014-16), Music Frontman at Sabroso Music Cafe, Dhanmondi (2016).
Skills in Computer Application:
AUTOCAD,SKETCHUP,REVITARCHITECTURE,RHINOCEROS,GRASSHOPPER,3DS MAX, ILLUSTRATOR,PHOTOSHOP,LUMION,MS OFFICE,ADOBE FLASH,ADOBE PREMIER PRO.
- Presentation of B. Arch. final thesis project and publication via website alongside 17 other selected participants from across the subcontinent at Kurula Varkey Design Forum, CEPT University, Ahmedabad, India. (2017) https://www.kvdforum.com/portfolio_page/adaptive-revitalization-of-a-disused-railway-corridor-in-narayanganj/