Name: Col Abu Zafor Mohammad Salahuddin
Designation: Colonel/ Senior Instructor
Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering,
7th Floor, General Mustafiz Tower-2, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- Member, Board of Directors, Bangladesh Telephone & Telegraph Board (presently BTCL), March 2004 to August 2007, Professional
- Member, Institute of Engineers Bangladesh, May 2001 to Present, Professional
Research Domain: Automation and Control, Power Systems and Smart Electric Grid, SDH Technology and Core Networking, Unified Communication Systems
- Md. Ghulam Zakir , A.Z.M. Salahuddin, Dr M A Rashid Sarkar (2018) “An overview of grid interface and internal electrical system of a Nuclear Power Plant in Bangladesh”ABC Research Alert.Volume 6 No.1
- S. Mollah, Sabiha Sattar, M. Altab Hossain, M. H. Jahangir, and A.Z. M. Salahuddin. (2016). Analysis of the Institutional Framework for Radioactive Waste Management in Bangladesh, Journal of Nuclear Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 2, 35-44.
- J. Sied, M. A. Hossain, A. Z. M. Salahuddin, A. S. Mollah and S. H. Khan. (2016). Assessment of Economic Feasibility of Nuclear Option for Newcomer Countries Using INPRO Methodology. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. Vol. 7 (5): 156-160.
- S. Mollah, Aleya Begum, M. A. Hossain and A. Z. M. Salahuddin. (2016) Roles of Nuclear Medicine Professionals in Case of a Nuclear or Radiological Emergency in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 80-81.
- S. A. Shezan, A. Z. M. Salahuddin, M. Farzana and A. Hossain, (2016). Techno-economic analysis of a hybrid PV-wind- diesel energy system for sustainable development at coastal areas in Bangladesh," 2016 4th International Conference on the Development in the Renewable Energy Technology (ICDRET), Dhaka, 2016, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ICDRET.2016.7421496. IEEE Xplore, URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7421496&isnumber=7421471
- S. Mollah, Sabiha Sattar, M. A. Hossain, A.Z.M. Salahuddin and H. AR-Rashid. (2015). Prospects of Nuclear Energy for Sustainable Energy Development in Bangladesh. International Journal of Nuclear Energy Science and Engineering. Vol. 5 (1): 28-39.
- Develop, administer, and promote the academic programs and academic support functions of the institute including international programs
- Coordinate and promote academic proposals, changes, reviews, and other academic matters with the other deans of the institute and groups
- Develop and coordinate educational policies, planning functions and physical facilities, planning and utilization of the institute
- Provide leadership, conduct and implement strategic planning
- Support curriculum development and the initiation and development of new undergraduate and graduate programs in line with the Institute's overall programming objectives
- Encourage high standards of teaching, methods of evaluating teaching effectiveness and grading practices
- DC Power Supply, Coer, Italy, Nov 2002
- PDH Radio System, Siemens, Italy, Nov 2002
- Digital Switching Systems and Siemens Digital PABX HICOM 350 H, Bangladesh, Oct-Nov 2005
- Alcatel Digital PABX Omni PCX 4400, Bangladesh, May-Jun 2005
- Siemens Digital Microwave Radio Link, Bangladesh, Apr-May 2007
- Electrical Protection Systems, Erico, Australia, Jul 2007
- Live Sound System Course, Kenwood-Peavey ,Bangladesh, May 2001
- Internet, Networks and VSAT based Data Communications System, Bangladesh, Feb-Mar 2001
- Data Center Solution, Dell, Singapore, Jan 2013
International Conference and Exercise
Program: Multinational Communication Interoperability Program
Topic: Regional Telecom Interoperability and Integration
Participating Countries: Eighteen Member Countries of Asia Pacific Region (USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, Japan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Maldives)
Number of Participants: Seventy Seven Multinational Participants
Type of Participants: Telecom Experts / Professionals, Managers and Decision Makers of Govt; Telecom and Disaster Management Authorities of the Member States; Telecom Industry Partners i.e. Siemens, Alcatel, SingTel, ST Electronic, Codan, Cisco, Dell, etc; International Humanitarian Communities i.e. ICRC, UNICEF, Save the Children, Salvation Army etc.
Appointment: Corporate Board Member and Exercise Director
- Performed as the key note speaker
- Analyzed the national telecom assets of the member states and propose solutions for communication interoperability Issues
- Planned and conducted communication interoperability exercise between the member states of Asia-Pacific regional.
Venue: Bangkok (Thailand), Feb 2010; Jakarta (Indonesia), Apr 2010; Kurumba (Maldives), Jun 2010; Changi (Singapore); Aug 2010
Organized by: United States (US) Pacific Command, Hawaii, USA
- Knowledge on engineering principles, employment, safety ethics, relevant policies, structure and strategy as it relates to area of assignment.
- Knowledge on EEE and communication equipment with adequate skills for their installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge on operations of commercial communications services, voice and data communications techniques, radio and satellite communication systems.
- Ability to analyze communication data and conduct reviews.
- Strong technical background with hands-on technical problem solving skills and the ability to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Ability to manage large communication projects, units and infrastructures in operation.
- Knowledge on telecom technologies; familiarity with products and services; potential supply sources and commercial service providers.
Special Engineering Skills
- TDM Telecom Core Networking with Microwave Digital Transmission and Switching Interface.
- Design and Establishment of Unified Communications System, Networking and Infrastructure.
- Electrical Machines and Power Supply Systems for Communication Equipment.